“Power of the Word”
- Acrylic giclee print on archival paper or canvas
- Original image size: 18” x 24”
The Word (Bible) tells us about who God is, defines truth and provides a guidebook for living. It tells of our beginning, our relationship with our Creator God, our purpose for living and our eternal destiny. Because it is the very inspired word of God, it has the power to save, to heal, to forgive, to reconciliation, to guide us. The symbolism in this painting is as follows:
- The sword: “For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and it is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12, NKJV).
- The candle: “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” (Psalm 119:105. NKJV).
- The bread: ‘And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.” ‘ (John 6:35, NKJV).
- The water: “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” (John 7:38, NKJV).
- “He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul . . .” (Psalm 23:2-3. NKJV)
Will you let God demonstrate the power of His Word in your life today?